- First and foremost, check with your doctor if you are unsure of whether you are in healthy enough condition to be shoveling snow in the first place. Don’t be stubborn! Your life is worth more than a cleared sidewalk!
- Stretch before you go out! The cold can be hard on your muscles. Limber up a little, for at least 10 minutes to warm up and to avoid strain. Concentrate on your lower back and hamstrings. Shoveling a driveway can burn up to 500 calories!
- Be sure you are dressed for the weather. Layers of light, water-repellent clothing are best. Don’t forget a hat, gloves and slip-resistant boots.
- Find a lightweight, ergonomic snow shovel. One with a curved handle or adjustable handle length will minimize bending.
- Spray the shovel blade with cooking oil to keep snow from sticking. It’ll slide right off.
- Pay attention to what’s around you. Watch where you are stepping and when shoveling near a street pay attention to the traffic since they may not have good traction in the snow and ice.
- Push the snow when you can. Use your legs, not your back to lift the snow if you can’t push it.
- Keep your back straight when you move from a squat to an upright position.
- Hold the shovel close to your upper body. Keep one hand close to the blade of the shovel for better leverage.
- Never twist your body as you throw snow. Your back will thank you! Use those shoulder muscles. Walk and dump it instead of throwing it.
- Keep hydrated. Rest frequently and always ask for help if it’s just too much!
Ask anyone of a certain age and they’ll tell you that there is fine line between a full life and pure chaos. With three kids, two jobs, one housing company, plus family, friends, and all the other stuff- our life is undeniably both awesome and crazy. I re:iimmune to keep things from tipping in favor of crazy. My immune system is the barometer for how busy things have been. Too many obligations, too little self-care, and I’ll catch any illness that comes along. re:iimmune and sleep have become my go-to power duo for halting sickness. As soon as I feel the warning signs—tired body, scratchy throat, aching head—I’ll drink a glass of re:iimmune and go to bed. By helping to keep me healthy, re:iimmune acts as a time management resource. There are really organized women, true pros at balancing it all- I don’t count myself among them. But any day where I manage to accomplish the things that matter is a good day. I’m grateful to re:iimmune for helping me to keep trying. - Stacy Jurado-Miller
Let’s face it; we live in a hectic, responsibility laden society with too little time and too many commitments to fit into our tight schedules. Bustling families, business opportunities, school schedules and social commitments are the things that make up most of our lives. With packed schedules and full plates, who has time to be sick? Answer: NOBODY! As rewarding as a full schedule is, it becomes a bit daunting to maintain a healthy lifestyle on top of everything else going on. Our culture is more health conscious now more than it has ever been. There are hundreds of books on gut health, detox plans, aisles upon aisles of vitamins and supplements, conferences and seminars dedicated to developing a healthy lifestyle, and not to mention, about a thousand friends chirping their own health revelations spattering your social media news-feeds with their own latest health revelations. The amount of content circulating would leave your head spinning and your hand reaching for a handful of potato chips simply out of despair.
Of course we encourage you to figure out a healthy routine, rest when you can, and listen to your body when it’s asking you to slow down. Find out what works for you and your body, whether it’s simply making yourself trade in a side of fries for a cup of fruit with your next cheeseburger, or following a strict plant based vegan diet. The important thing is to make changes that are realistic for you and your family. A simple way to take your first step towards p
rotecting your schedule and your health at the same time is to reach for your immune boosting Hydrobiotic™ formula. The Clinical Strength Hydration
™ formula you find in a Hydrobiotic™ acts like gasoline to an engine that’s running on fumes, hydration is one of the most foremost components of a strong im
mune system. The pre and probiotic blend that intertwines with your Clinical Strength Hydration™ offers a chance for your digestive system to catch up to speed and balance out your positive gut flora. The first ever Hydrobiotic™ formula is found in re:iimmune® and is also accompanied by a host of core health promoting ingredients like; ginger root- to soothe nausea, L-glutamine- to help rebuild damaged intestinal tissue, and zinc which is known to build up your body’s ability to ward of illness. If you feel like your world is spinning faster than you can turn, and your body’s starting to throw you some warning signs, it’s time to pick up a box of re:iimmune® and get better, better™!